11 The Summary



11
            The theme for my blog is/was cyber-security in the military.  I chose this theme for two reasons.  One, having experienced first-hand the efforts on the part of the military against cyber-threats, I found it intriguing.    Not to mention the fact that around the time we were establishing blogs there were two maritime collisions involving Naval warships.  And two, I wanted to explore the viability of the efforts being made to protect military networks, and examine for correlations between the collisions and any possible criminal activity by external actors seeking to cause dissention amongst the ranks.  My blog contains an eclectic mix of cyber-security related stories to those that have the potential to impact not only members of the military, but the private sector as well.  Also, my week 9 blog post was one of the more enjoyable posts to write having benefited from a similar program that allowed me to certify as CompTia Security +.  Without these types of programs, it would be considerably more difficult for an “ex-wrench turner” like myself to break into the IT field.  I will forever by grateful to JP Morgan Chase and Syracuse University for the opportunity.  In all, I thoroughly enjoyed the blog post assignment.  Having always had a penchant towards writing, I found it easy to transcribe the stream of consciousness on to my blog posts.  If there were difficulties encountered if was at my own hands and my woefully lacking typing skills.  In all, this is a great class whose knowledge I shall take and apply it future endeavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Department of Defense Cyber Strategy: My Impression

6 Don't Be THAT Guy